When a customer contacts your company through the contact form/support module or sends an email to your company a mail ticket is created. To access mail tickets enter IOdesk and navigate to
Tickets have four possible states they're new, open, solved and pending.
- The new status means the ticket has not been opened or solved by an agent or the virtual assistant yet.
- The open status means that the ticket has been claimed by an agent. When a ticket is open the agent can perform different actions to it such as answering, solving it and so on.
- The solved status means that the ticket has been solved by an agent or the virtual assistant. Solved tickets are not displayed in the mail view.
- Agents can change the status of open tickets to pending to get a reminder at a set date that they should get back to the ticket.
Switch between tickets
In the left menu, you can see how many open, new and team mail tickets there are.
- Open, all your currently open mail tickets.
- New, tickets that have not been claimed by an agent yet.
- Team, tickets that are opened by other agents in your company and team.
Pending, tickets that you have set on hold. After a set date, a ticket with the pending status will be converted back to
open and you will get a reminder to get back to that ticket.
- Compose, send out a new email to a customer.
Open mail tickets are currently being viewed, simply press the ticket you want to answer view or answer.
An open mail ticket
The conversation is in the middle of the screen. It shows who sent what and when.
Client information shows the customers' email address, how long ago the ticket was created and their IP address. If the customer is a returning customer you can view their earlier tickets to see what has been said before.
You can update the name and email of the customer.
- Solve ticket - send summary. Solve the ticket and send a summary of the mail conversation to the customers' email.
- Solve ticket - no summary. Solve the ticket and do not send a summary of the mail conversation to the customers' email.
- Manage participants. Invite other agents in your company to help you with the ticket. The ticket will show up as an open ticket for the invited agent.
- Change team. Change what team this ticket belongs to.
Automation and notes
You can tag your tickets with labels that can be used to categorize and structure your tickets. Labels can be used to search in the solved tickets view.
Set callback date changes the status of the ticket to pending and will remind you when it's time to get back to this ticket. Auto-solve on a date will solve the ticket at a set date if
the customer doesn't respond before that.
Write a note about the ticket or the customer that can be viewed by other agents in your company. Labels will never be displayed to the customer.
Respond to the ticket
Here the agent can respond to the customer by writing their answer and pressing send mail.
By pressing canned responses you can view personal or company-wide canned replies.
KDB answers are answers that exist in your knowledge databases. You can view an answer and select parts of it to send to the customer or send out a link to the customer where they can read the whole answer.
Label the ticket with something fitting to categorize and get an overview over issues or subjects. Labels are never shown to the customer.
The icon in the bottom right enables you to upload images and some files to share with your customer. There are size limits and limits of what type of files you can upload.